4.20.2014

OM Shanti Shanti Shanti

              We plan on practicing this sequence daily as a way of warming up or cooling down our bodies and stretching out any kinks, both physical and spiritual, that we feel throughout our hike. It is based on an extremely shortened version of the primary Ashtanga series with some added variations and asanas. 
              For me, Seth, I practice yoga primarily as a way to sharpen my focus with my meditation and to connect with the infinite. The Ashtanga lineage of yoga, for me, encompasses a perfect balance of the physical and the spiritual, even though the line between the two is vanishing in my life. The asanas (postures) only represent a tool that is used to get at something beyond the asana and the physical practice of it all, something that has many different names like God, eternity, stillness, or the void. 
              This practice will hopefully help me stay present with each incredible moment of our journey and give me space to surrender to the Great Spirit that is us all. I also look forward to the physical benefits of this quick, simple, and wonderful sequence that we both put together.
              I, Amy, practice yoga to connect with myself, tune into my body, and quiet my mind. It's my time to truly tap into what's happening with my body and also what's happening in my life and process it all. Whether it's through a slower Yin practice with deeper breathing and longer asana holds with a longer meditation, or a faster vinyasa  to get my blood pumping, yoga is my way to rejuvenate. 
              I look forward to having this practice be a part of our journey as it's a perfect way to get our bodies loose and our minds focused before the miles. 

Surya Namaskara A (x3)
Surya Namaskara B (x2)
Surya Namaskara C (variation)

Padangushthasana 
Pada Hastasana (Forward Fold A,B)
Prasarita Padottanasana A,B,C (Triangle)
Garudasana (Eagle)
Tadasana (Tree)
Utthita Parsvasahita (Standing head to toe) 
Baddha Konasana A,B,C (Butterfly)
Janu Sirsasana (Sitting Head to Toe) 
Eka Pada Rajakapotasana (Pigeon)
Ardha-Matsyendrasana (Sine Twist) 
Wheel
Plow
Headstand
Shavasana/Closing Meditation 

No comments:

Post a Comment